< Inspection available by appointment at Chairhub Melbourne >
Made by VITRA
Designer: Hella Jongerius
- Structural frame: wooden frame.
- Seat cushions: polyurethane foam with interactive pocket spring core, chamber cushion structure (filled with foam cubes and lozenges) and polyester fleece.
- Back cushions: polyurethane foam with polyester fleece and chamber cushions (filled with foam cubes and lozenges).
- Armrest cushion: detached bolster, freely positionable, sand-weighted, polyurethane foam filling.
- Cover: Premium Leather, removable.
- Buttons: made of wood or horn, colour and grain subject to natural variations.
- Ottoman: wooden frame with polyurethane foam. The fabric and colour of the Ottoman matches that of the sofa.
The cushions and body of the Polder Sofa are covered with different fabrics in carefully coordinated tones. The four palettes – The Sea Greens, The Pebble Greys, The Earth Reds and The Antarctic Blues – are muted, earthy shades. Thanks to these understated compositions, Polder is perfectly suited to any interior.
To accentuate these colour combinations, the eye-catching buttons – another special Polder feature – are made of natural materials with coloured pins. One light and one dark set of buttons each form a contrasting addition to the woven fabrics. Like all natural materials, the buttons made from horn or wood exhibit variations in shading, gradient, inclusions, grain, colour and texture, and no two are the same. Embracing such differences within a defined tolerance is an expression of Vitra's sustainable approach to environmental resources. Material that fails to meet our quality standards is of course rejected, but it is the differences that make each button unique.